- 2 Carrots (about 250g-300g, and no need to peel, but take off the green butt)
- 1 medium Potato (about 200g-250g and peeled)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black salt (Kala Namak)*
- Roughly chop the carrots and potatoes, and boil until soft.
- Drain, and let them cool a little.
- Once cooled transfer them to a blender, along with black salt, and olive oil.
- Blend until silky smooth. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your egg yolk.**
*Must use black salt i.e. Kala Namak (it’s the key to the flavour. Easily available in Indian grocery stores)
**You can store the remaining “yolk” in the fridge for 3-4 days and use when needed.