- 3 cups flour (some extra for rolling out the dough)
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (melted)/vegetable oil
- 1 tsp lime/lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- Vegan butter to brush the cooked naans.
- Spray oil
- Mix all the ingredients using a food processor or you hands.
- Sprinkle a clean working surface with some all purpose flour. Knead vigorously for 5 minutes. (If the flour is too sticky, add 2-3 Tbsp of all purpose flour)
- Transfer the dough into a lightly oiled bowl and cover with a damp cloth. Leave it aside in a warm and dry place for approx. 2-3 hours. (The dough should double in size)
- Divide the dough into 6-8 equal portions, and roll them out using a rolling pin, about 1/2 cm thick. (spray some oil on the surface to make the rolling easier).
- If you are adventurous, make dimples using your fingers in the rolled out naans. Be careful not to break them.
- Heat up a flat non-stick frying pan or a flat skillet on medium-high heat, and gently place the rolled out naan. Cook until you see some air bubbles on top and its golden at the bottom with some black spots.
- Flip the Naan using tongs, and cook again for few minutes until golden with few black spots.
- Brush one side of the cooked naans with vegan butter and serve hot.