- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 75g Red onion chopped (1small onion)
- 150 g diced tomato (approx. 2 medium Tomatoes)
- 1.5 tbsp butter chicken premium Spice Blend
- 225 g green lentils (Approx. 1 cup) soaked overnight. Drain them before using*
- 3 ¼ cup water (can use vegetable stock)
- 150 g Zucchini cut in 2cm thick rounds (approx. 1 zucchini)
- Salt to taste
- Chopped fresh coriander to garnish
- Heat up the oil in a deep and large frying-pan on medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 5-6 min on medium heat or until golden brown. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Stir in the spices and cook for 30 sec
- Add lentils, water and salt to taste.
- Cover, bring to boil, turn the heat to med-low and cook for 20-22 minutes*
- At the 15 minutes mark, throw in the tomatoes, and zucchini, give it a stir, cover and cook for the remaining time. The lentils should be soft to squish. Taste and adjust salt.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and enjoy hot with rice or roti.
*If using un-soaked lentils, the cooking time will be 40-45 minutes.
*If the lentil cury is too thin for your liking, cook on highest heat for 3-5 minutes without lid, and if it’s too thick, add a splash of water and bring to boil.