- 325 gms to Tofu
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- In a bowl mix in soy milk, maple syrup, and ACV. Toss in the Tofu, cover and leave it in the fridge for one hour.
- 2 tbsp vegan butter/canola oil
- 1 red onion roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (from a can)
- 1 tbsp ginger + garlic paste (or use fresh)
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder (more or less according to palette)
- 4-5 drops red food color (will give restaurant style orange color, but it’s optional)
- 4 dates (pitted)
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 1/3 cup cashews
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the Vegan Butter in a large and deep non-stick frying pan.
- Add onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden on medium heat.
- Then add in ginger + garlic paste and cook for a minute.
- Stir in all the spices and cook for 30sec-1 minute
- Mix in the tomatoes and cashews, and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the heat and let it cool for few minutes.
- Take the tofu out of fridge and drain the marinade. Do not throw the marinade liquid away.
- In a blender, add marinade liquid, dates, soy milk, food color, and cooked onion-tomato mixture. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture back into the non-stick pan, add tofu and cook until its heated through.
- Serve hot with vegan naan or roti.
← Older post
Newer post →