- 4 level Tbsp coconut yogurt
- 1 tbsp Tully'z Butter Chicken Premium Spice Blend
- Few drops red food colour (optional)
- 500g Tofu Diced in 2-4 cm pieces*
- Salt to taste
- In a bowl mix all of the above ingredients (except Tofu)
- Place the Tofu in deep dish, pierce it with a fork and and pour over the marinade.
- Gently rub the marinade into the Tofu using your fingers, and leave it in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE GRAVY
- 2 cans chopped tomatoes (800g)
- 1.5 level Tbsp Mr India Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp almond meal/cashew meal (Basically its finely powdered almonds/cashews)
- 1 cups plant-milk (soy milk goes the best)
- 125g Pitted Medjool dates (approx 10 dates)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat up the oil in a large and deep non-stick frying pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, dates, almond meal, salt, and Mr India Spice Blend.
- Bring to boil, Cover and cook for 7-8 min. on low-medium heat.
- Switch off the heat and let the mixture cool off.
- In the meantime, grill the marinated Tofu on medium-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until cooked. Increase the heat and grill for another couple of minutes on each side if you like them a little charred and smokey.
- Transfer the mixture from earlier into a blender, add plant-milk and blend until smooth. (Make sure the mixture is not hot, else you may have too much steam built up during blending, which could be dangerous)
- Pour the mixture back into the pan, add in the coconut milk, Ch*cken/Tofu and cook for 3-5 minutes or until everything is heated through.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve hot with Roti/Vegan Naan bread/Basmati rice