- 30gms (2 tbsp) canola oil
- 15g (1 tbsp) cumin seeds
- 15g (1 tbsp) ginger and garlic paste/crushed
- 100gms (1 cup) onion diced
- 7.5gms (1/2 tbsp) garam masala
- 7.5gms (1/2 tbsp) coriander powder
- 7.5gms (1/2 tbsp) turmeric
- 7.5gms (1/2 tbsp) sweet paprika
- 15gms (1 tbsp) plain flour
- 250ml (1 cup) Vegetable stock
- 250ml (1 cup) coconut milk
- 300gms boiled potatoes (cubed)
- 250 mock meat/mushrooms*
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed (166 gms approx.)
- Plant milk to brush for baking.
- Heat up the oil in a large and deep non-stick frying pan on medium.
- Turn the heat to low, add cumin seeds and fry for 30 sec to a minute.
- Add onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until they are light brown.
- Mix in ginger and garlic, all the Spices, and flour, and cook on low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms/mock meat and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Slowly add the vegetable stock while stirring continuously to avoid forming lumps.
- Add the potatoes and coconut milk, stir and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Transfer the mixture into 18-20 cm pie dish and let it cool for few minutes.
- Cover and seal the top with puff pastry by pinching the edges to the sides of the pie dish.
- Brush the top with plant-milk and bake for 20 min on on 200ºC for 20 minutes.
*If using mushrooms dice them into thick pieces and use about 350 gms.