BEER BATTERED FYSH PAKORA
- 150g Chickpea Flour
- 100g Plain flour (all purpose)
- 2 tsp ginger and garlic paste (can use fresh as well)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp garam Masala
- 1/2 red chilli finely chopped (or 1/2 tsp red chilli powder)
- Salt to taste (start with 1 tsp)
- 375ml Beer/Soda water
- 4 cans of Banana Blossoms (1 can is generally 400 gms with the liquid)
- Oil for deep frying (About 1.75 litre)
- Add all the ingredients in a large bowl (expect banana blossoms)
- Pour Beer at the end and mix/whisk well until there are no lumps. Dip you little finger in the mixture and taste with the tip of your tongue. Add salt if needed.
- Heat up the oil in a saucepan on high.
- Dip each banana blossom in the batter and gently slide it into the hot oil. Be careful not to fry your fingers.
- Do not overcrowd the oil as the temperature will drop and the pakoras won’t be crispy.
- Turn the heat down to medium-high and fry until crispy and golden.
- Move them around couple of times to get even colour and crispiness.
- Take them out and place on a tea towel/paper towel/ old newspaper to drain the excess oil.
- Serve with spicy coriander chutney.
← Older post
Newer post →