- Peel of 3 Bananas
- 1/2 onion sliced
- 2 tsp paprika (smoked/sweet)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp garam Masala
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- Zest of 1 lemon (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegan bbq sauce
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 500g Frozen Fries
- Vegan Sriracha mayo to serve
- Salt to taste
- Scrape the banana peels with the back of a spoon, cut them lengthwise and keep aside.
- Heat up oil in a large and deep non-stick frying pan.
- Add onions and cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat while stirring occasionally.
- Toss in the banana peels along with all the spices and lemon zest. Mix well and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the water, cover and cook for 10-15 minutes on medium heat.
- Open and check at halfway mark, add a splash of water if needed.
- Once the time is up and the banana peels are cooked, mix in the Bbq sauce and add salt if needed.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes without cover.
- Pour on top of air fried/baked/deep-fried potato fries, and serve hot with vegan sriracha mayo.
*Cut off the top stem and bottom black bit of the peels before using.
**The cooked Banana peels should not be too mushy or too firm to eat.
***Freeze the banana flesh if not using straight away and add them in smoothies later.