- 70g dried shitake mushrooms*
- 125g ground red onion
- 4 tbsp tomato concentrate puree
- 2tbsp of Miss India: Authentic Curry Spice Blend
- 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
- 5 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 and ¾ cups water
- Salt to taste
- Soak the dried mushrooms in boiling water as per packet instructions and keep aside. (usually it’s 20-30 min). Drain them before using.
- Grind the onion using a blender and a splash of water if needed.
- Heat oil in large and deep non-stick frying pan, and add in the ground onions, and cook for 5-6 minutes (or until it changes colour to golden) on high heat while stirring occasionally. Do not let it burn.
- Mix in the tomato puree, all the spices, half the water, and mix well. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce the heat to low-medium and for cook 30-35 minutes, until it looks like a dark red paste
- Once the time is up, add mushrooms, coconut yoghurt, along with rest of the water and salt.
- Cover, bring to boil on high heat and then cook for 30 minutes on med-low heat.
- Check at the halfway mark and add the more water if required. The gravy should be thick but runny.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve hot.
*Can replace with mock b**f/B**f