INGREDIENTS FOR THE CHICKEN
- 6 cups flour
- 2 and 1/4 cups water
- 1 tbsp vegan chicken stock powder/cubes (Massel Brand is vegan)
- Veggie stock for boiling
- Kneed the flour and mixture together until it comes together like pizza dough.
- Add more water if the mixture is too dry and more flour if the mixture is too wet.
- Place it in a bowl, add water until the dough’s covered. Leave it aside for 30 min.
- Once the time is up massage the dough while still in water. Don’t be scared get into it.
- Replace the water once it turns milky in colour, and repeat the process 6-8 times or until the water is cloudy rather than milky.
- Don’t worry if the dough breaks during this process it will all come together.
- Once the water is cloudy add stock powder and massage well into the dough.
- Drain the water and cover and leave in a colander for one hour.
- Bring the veggie stock to boil and turn the heat to simmer.
- Take the dough out of the colander, tie it in a knot (or few) toss it into the hot stock and simmer on lowest heat for 35 min. The dough should be submerged in stock.
- Take out and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Once cool, wrap it in Cling wrap and store it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before using.
- It will last at least a week in the fridge.
- Check out my recipe for Spicy Grilled Chicken, and Tandoori Chicken to use it. Or you can use this as a chicken or tofu substitute in any recipe of your choice.