INGREDIENTS FOR THE MARINADE
- 120g Capers finely chopped
- 1/2 cup parsley finely chopped (stems and all)
- 1 Nori/Seaweed sheet (about 2.5g) finely chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp brown sugar (or castor sugar)
REST OF THE INGREDIENTS
- 200g King Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 and 1/4 cup veggie stock
- 250g uncooked linguine
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 freshly squeezed lime.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley and capers for garnish.
- Cook the linguine as per packet instructions, drain and keep aside*
- Cut up the King Oyster mushrooms stems in 1/2 inch think medallions, and score them in a criss cross pattern. Be careful not to to slice the mushrooms all the way through.
- Finely chop the remaining part of the mushrooms i.e. the tops (the part that look like an Umbrella or a…...you know what I mean ;)
- Transfer the medallions to a large bowl. Add in all the ingredients of the marinade, and give it a good toss until the medallions are well coated.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once the time is up, take the mushrooms out of the marinade and shake off the excess marinade. Pan fry them in a non stick frying pan for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on each side on high heat. Leave the remaining marinade in the bowl to be used later.
- In the same pan heat up the olive oil. Add onions, and finely chopped mushroom tops and cook on medium heat for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are transparent. Stir occasionally.
- Add the leftover marinade, veggie stock, lime juice, and a pinch of ground black pepper cook for 4-5 minutes on high heat without cover.
- Switch off the heat, taste and adjust the salt if needed.
- Add in the pasta and the pan fried mushrooms and mix well.
- Serve hot with a light drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, freshly chopped parsley, and some capers.
*I drizzle my drained pasta with few drops of olive oil and cover it with a tea towel to avoid it drying out.