As soon as we see/eat: A hearty curry warm soup fresh pasta hot bread joy takes over the whole body. We feel comforted and happy.
Here is something very comforting in these uncomfortable times. Creamy Lentil and tofu curry. Two of the humblest ingredients but handled with care and paired up with right ingredients they form a formidable and scrumptious meal
- 2cups tofu (1cup cubed, 1cup crumbled)
- 2cans Lentils
- ½cup finely chopped onion
- 1cup cherry tomatoes (approx 12-14)
- 2tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp fennel powder
- 1tsp turmeric
- ½tsp red chilli pwdr(more/less as per your tolerance)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Almond Milk
- Juice of half lemon/2tsp vinegar
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped fresh mint
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat up oil in large pan, add onions and cook for 4-5min on low-med heat (until golden)
- Add spices, and cook for 1 min. (Hold the mint)
- Add lentils, coconut milk, plant milk, and stir.
- Cover and bring to boil.
- Turn down the heat to simmer for 2-3 min.
- Mix in Tofu, lemon juice, salt, cover and simmer for 2-3min.
- Open lid, and stir through the fresh mint.
- Taste and adjust the salt.
- If the Lentils are too thick, add a splash of water and cook for a minute or so.
- Serve hot with bread/roti/rice.