Italian Donuts with a hint of rosemary. Before you Say WTF...I made these donuts for my work colleagues few months back, and they were absolutely impressed. And mind you, they were also a little unsure when they heard "pumpkin donuts". So go ahead and give these pieces of heaven a try and you will thank yourself, and if you have kids they will go bonkers.
These donuts are inspired by Sfinci which are Italian donuts with a twist which I learnt from my mother in law.
You don't have to glaze them in chocolate sauce, you can just roll them in cinnamon sugar. And if you can't make a hole in them, use a tablespoon to drop them in the oil.
Makes 4-6 Donuts
- 1cup all-purpose purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp Bi-carb Soda ▪️½cup Sugar (I used raw sugar)
- 1-2sprigs fresh Rosemary (separate the leaves)
- Pinch of salt
- 2tbsp water
- 3 tbsp plant-based milk
- 4tbsp Pumpkin Puree
- Canola/Vegetable oil for frying
- ½cup Vegan chocolate buttons for glazing (optional) + 1Tbsp coconut oil, melt them together on low heat and keep aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix well.
- The mixture should be a loose batter (Use another tbsp plant-based milk if required)
- Heat up canola/vegetable oil (not smoking hot)
- Scoop a heaped tablespoon of dough and using the index finger of your other hand slide it gently and carefully into hot oil. ▪️Wet the spoon before scooping, it will help avoid sticking of the batter
- Fry on low-medium heat until golden brown
- Carefully glaze one side with melted chocolate and put them on wire rack to dry a little
- Serve hot but eat anytime you want