- 3 Carrots (about Approx 300g, and no need to peel, but take off the green butt)
- 2 medium Potatoes (about 250g and peeled)
- 1/3 cup mild olive oil
- 1/4 cup Almond Milk
- 1 tsp black salt (Kala Namak)*
- 200g tofu
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Black salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Roughly chop the carrots and potatoes, and boil until soft.
- Drain, and let them cool a little.
- Once cooled transfer them to a blender, along with black salt, and olive oil.
- Blend until silky smooth. The consistency should be like hollandaise sauce. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your egg yolk.**
SCRAMBLED EGGS (2 serves)
- Crumble the tofu using your hands or grate it. It's ok to have small lumps (not too big)
- Heat up the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Add “yolk” as required**, black salt to taste, and cook until everything is mixed well (1-2 minutes). Add Almond Milk to make it creamier and runnier.
- Enjoy hot.
*Must use black salt i.e. Kala Namak (it’s the key to the flavour. Easily available in Indian grocery stores)
**Add more yolk if you like your scramble to be yolky.
**If you have leftover “yolk” store it in the fridge for next time. It will last for 3-4 days.