- 2 Carrots (about 180g-200g, and no need to peel, but take off the green butt)
- 1 medium Potato (about 100g and peeled)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp black salt (Kala Namak)*
- 200g tofu
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Black salt to taste
- Pinch of pepper
- Roughly chop the carrots and potatoes, and boil until soft.
- Drain, and let them cool a little.
- Once cooled transfer them to a blender, along with black salt, and olive oil.
- Blend until silky smooth. The consistency should be like hollandaise sauce. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your egg yolk.**
SCRAMBLED EGGS (2 serves)
- Crumble the tofu using your hands. its ok to have small lumps (not too big)
- Heat up the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes on medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Add 1/3 cup of “yolk”, black salt to taste, and cook until everything is mixed well (1-2 minutes). Add a splash of water to make it runnier (if needed)***
- Enjoy hot.
*Must use black salt i.e. Kala Namak (it’s the key to the flavour. Easily available in Indian grocery stores)
**You can store the remaining “yolk” in the fridge for 3-4 days and use when needed.
***Add more yolk if you like your scramble to be more yolky.