MAKES APPROX. 10-12 SMALL TACOS
INGREDIENTS FOR TACO “MEAT”
- 250 Mushroom beef"*
- 10g (approx. 1/2tbsp Cumin powder
- 10g (approx. 1/2 tbsp) coriander powder
- 10g (approx. 1/2 tbsp) Paprika
- 30gms (approx. 2tbsp) Apple Cider Vinegar
- Salt to taste
Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl, cover and let it marinate for 2 hours (for best results leave it over-night)
INGREDIENTS FOR ASSEMBLY
- Soft taco wraps (for wrapping the tacos)
- 150g Cucumber finely chopped
- 150g tomatoes finely chopped
- 150g red onion finely chopped
- 300g coconut yoghurt
- 300g mint chutney (recipe below)
INGREDIENTS FOR MINT CHUTNEY
- 100g Onion roughly chopped (approx. one cup)
- 50g fresh mint (stems and all)
- 50g fresh coriander (stems and all)
- 1 green chilli
- 50g Apple Cider Vinegar
- 10g Garlic (approx. 1 cloves)
- 2 pinch cumin powder
- 40g Coconut Yoghurt (approx. 3 tbsp)
- 150g water (approx. 1 and 1/2 cup)
- 2 tsp salt
Transfer all the ingredients into a high power blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust salt if needed. Keep aside. You can store the left over chutney in the fridge. It lasts about 7 days.
- Heat a griddle/non-stick frying pan with some spray oil.
- When smoking hot, add the marinated mushroom beef and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the meat is cooked through. Stir occasionally. Its ok if its a bit charred at the ends. Turn the heat to medium if needed.
- Transfer the meat in a bowl and lightly toast the taco wraps in the same griddle/pan
- Place a taco on a flat surface, top it with some mushroom meat, and rest of the filling ingredients in the middle, and enjoy.
*You can replace the mushroom beef with mushrooms. Slice 250g of mushrooms and follow the rest of the recipe. The cooking time for mushrooms should be between 5-8min. on high-med heat or until most of the moisture evaporates. Its ok if they get a little charred/crisp.