- 350 gms extra firm tofu
- 1 and 1/2 cup corn flour
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp cooking oil
- Break tofu with hands in bite sized chunks. No need to squeeze the water out*
- Place it in a bowl and add the remaining ingredients. (only use 1/2 the corn flour)
- Using your hands mix everything to make sure tofu is well coated.
- Keep aside for 5 minutes, and then mix in the remaining corn-flour. Again make sure that tofu is well coated. Leave it aside for 5 minutes
- In the meantime, heat up oil in a non-stick frying pan, on medium heat.
- Pan fry the tofu and until golden and crispy. Move/turn it around to avoid burning.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE SWEET ‘N’ STICKY SAUCE
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 and 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Juice of one lemon
- Lemon rind of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp chilli oil (optional)*
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds
- Heat up oil in a large and deep non-stick frying pan/ wok
- Toss in the garlic and cook on medium heat until golden.
- Add rest of the ingredients and cook for 45 sec to 1 minute.
- Stir in the tofu until well coated with the sauce and heated through. (Add a splash of water if the sauce is burning)
- Serve hot with rice.
*Breaking it with hands instead of cutting it in cubes with a knife creates nooks and crannies in the tofu pieces for corn flour to stick better. Which makes it more crispy when pan fried.