Sausages with Braised Curry Lentils
- 1 Onion chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 stick lemon grass
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste/finely chooped
- 2 cans cooked Lentils (washed and drained)
- 150 gms tomatoes cubed (approx. 2 tomatoes)
- 1 Tbsp garam masala
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Salt to taste
- 6 Vegan sausages
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Mashed/pureed pumpkin to serve (optional)*
- Vegan feta and chopped coriander to garnish (optional)
- Heat up oil in a large and deep non-stick frying pan.
- Add onions, bay leaves, lemongrass, and cinnamon stick, and cook until golden brown while stirring occasionally (medium-high heat 4-6 minutes)
- Toss in the lentils, tomatoes, garam masala, and vegetable stock. Cover and cook for 30 min. on low heat.
- In the meantime cook the vegan Sausages as per the packet instructions and keep aside.
- Open lid and stir through the coconut milk, taste and adjust salt if needed. Cook without lid on high heat until lentil curry has thickened a little. Stir occasionally .
- Spread pumpkin puree on a plate, place two sausages, and pour a ladle or two of lentil curry on top.
- Garnish with crumbled vegan feta and coriander and enjoy.
*Can serve on a bed of rice/mashed potatoes instead.
← Older Post
Newer Post →