- 800 gms Boiled Potatoes (Cut in Half or quarters)
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 cup oil (and some spare to drizzle for later)
- Preheat the over to 180ºC/350ºF
- In a deep and large non stick frying pan heat the oil on medium flame.
- Turn the heat down and add all the spices. Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomato paste and salt, and mix well.
- Toss in the potatoes. Make sure they are well coated with the spice mixture.
- Drizzle 3-4 tbsp of oil in a roasting tin/baking tray. Place the potatoes in a single layer. Pour over any spice mixture left in the pan for extra flavour. Drizzle 2-3 tbsp of oil on top.
- Roast for 1 hour or until crispy on the outside. Depending on the size of the potatoes the time may differ*
- Sprinkle some sea salt on top and serve hot with a squeeze of lime (optional)
*You will see the whole spices blackened/charred when the roasting time is up. Don’t worry its normal. The charred spices add to the flavour of the dish.