- 400g Button mushrooms (halved)
- 250g Pasta of your choice (boil, drain, and keep aside)
- 5 tbsp vegan butter (portioned in 2 equal halves)
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp smoked/sweet paprika
- ⅓cup vegan white wine
- ¾ cup (175g) coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 2 cups liquid veggie stock
- ½cup chopped parsley
- Mix coconut yoghurt with Apple cider vinegar and keep aside.
- In a large and deep frying pan, heat up one half of vegan butter, and Sautee the onion and garlic, until golden brown.
- Add the mushrooms cook on high heat for 5-6 min with the remaining butter. Let them caramelize/brown a little. Stir them occasionally.
- Add white wine and cook for 30sec.
- Turn the heat down, add the flour and cook for 1 min. stir occasionally.
- Add 1/4cup of stock and mix/whisk well. It should look like a silky smooth paste with no lumps.
- Slowly add the remaining stock while stirring continuously. Bring to boil.
- Turn the heat to simmer. Add coconut yoghurt, paprika, mustard, and nutritional yeast, and mix well.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes on medium heat or until the sauce is heated through and comes to a gentle boil.
- Stir through the fresh parsley and cooked pasta. Make sure it coats the pasta well
- Serve hot.
*If you find the sauce too thin, add a tiny bit more flour and mix well.
**To make it more traditional, use vegan sour cream instead of coconut yoghurt and ACV. Nutritional yeast will be optional in that recipe.