Left over lentil curry? Not sure what to do? Make these delicious, no fuss lentil curry scones.
Makes: 6-8 Scones
- 2-1/2 cup Self raising flour
- 1 cup left over Lentil curry
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 cup vegan parmesan (or shredded vegan mozzarella)
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- 40g (approx. 1/4 cup) vegan butter/margarine (chilled and cubed)
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F (Fan Forced)
- Add all the ingredients in a bowl and knead gently until it becomes a dough (don’t kneed dough too much as it will make the scones tough)
- Lightly dust a clean working surface with some plain flour. Place the dough, and pat it into 2cm thick round. Cut it into equal rounds using a cookie cutter. I used 8 cm cutter which gave me 7 scones.
- Lightly dust a non stick baking tray/muffin tray with plain flour and place the scones on it. Sprinkle some plain flour on the tops and bake it for 20-25 minutes until golden and crusty on the outside.
- Baking time can depend on few things like how thick was the curry, the kind of cheese used etc. Check after 20 minutes and if needed leave it for another 5 minutes. Mine took 25 minutes.
- Serve with mint chutney.