Ingredients for the filling
- 350g Vegan Sausages (can replace with tofu)
- 1cup/100g Green onions
- 2.5tbsp/30g light soy sauce
- 2.5tbsp/30g rice wine vinegar
- 2.5tbsp/30g Mirrin (Japanese cooking sake) or can replace with vegan white wine
- 3tsp/10g sesame oil
- 1/2 thumb (approx.10g) fresh ginger finely sliced
- 1/2tsp (approx. 3g) Chinese five spice or can use All Spice
- 1 red chilli finely chopped (optional)
Ingredients for the Dipping Sauce
- 3.5tbsp/45g maple syrup
- 3tbsp/40g Rice wine vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp/30g light soy sauce
- 1tbsp/15g chilli oil
- 1/2tbsp (approx. 5g) white sesame seeds
Method: Add all the above ingredients in a bowl, whisk with a fork and keep aside.
- Spring roll sheets
- Oil for deep frying.
- Cook the sausages as per packet instructions. When cooled down, chop them finely (sort of like mince, but it's ok if there are few tiny chunks)
- Mix in the remaining filling ingredients and place the mixture in the fridge for 20 min.
- Take a spring roll pastry sheet and place some of the filling mixture on the lower part.*
- Fold bottom edge up, the left and right edges over and then roll up to the end. Seal the end by putting a little water.
- Heat up the oil on medium heat and fry the rolls until golden and crunchy.
- Serve hot with the dipping sauce.
* Generally I take 2 spring roll sheets at a time if I am making jumbo rolls as they hold the filling better. If you are making a small cigar type spring roll then 1 sheet is fine.