INGREDIENTS FOR STUFFING
- 300 grams boiled potatoes (let them cool completely before using)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped coriander
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (more if you like hot)
- 2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint mixed in with 4 tbsp of melted vegan butter.
- 1tbsp cumin and coriander seeds
- 6 puff pastry sheets (thawed)
- Pre-heat the oven on 200⁰/390⁰F.
- Transfer all the ingredients for the stuffing in a bowl. Using a food processor or your hands, mix everything. Make sure there are no lumps in potatoes.
- Kneed all the puff pastry sheets to make dough. Portion it in 7-8 balls (about 130-140g each)
- Flatten the balls a little bit using your hands or rolling pin, stuff 2-3 heaped tbsp mixture in (about 40 grams), fold the edges towards the centre and pinch to seal.
- On a clean working surface sprinkle some flour and evenly roll out the stuffed balls, using the tips of your fingers or a rolling pin. They should be about 5mm thick.
- Lightly brush the top of each Kulcha with mint and vegan butter, and sprinkle few pinches of coriander and cumin seeds.
- Line a flat baking tray with baking paper and place the Kulchas, spiced side up.
- Bake for 15 -17 minutes (or until they are lightly crust and golden) You may have to do this batches or in two separate trays.
- Enjoy hot with a generous dollop of vegan butter on each kulcha.