- 500 very firm Tofu (no need to squeeze or press to drain excess water)
- 1.5 tbsp Tandoori Premium rub
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Few drops of natural orange food colour (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF
- In a large bowl whisk all the above ingredients except Tofu and keep aside.
- Using your hands, break tofu in uneven chunks and toss into the bowl with Tandoori mixture. Make sure all the pieces are quoted evenly.
- Cover and leave in the fridge for 15 minutes. (Or overnight if you have time.
- Line the baking tray with baking (parchment) paper. Grease it with olive oil.
- Place the tofu chunks in a single layer and bake for 20 minutes.
- Once the time is up, turn the tofu over, crank up the oven to 250ºC/480ºF and bake for another 5 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Enjoy with Raita sauce and mint chutney. (Recipe in my E-book "Easy Vegan Curries")