- 500g white cup mushrooms cut in quarters (or whole button mushrooms)
- 2 medium onions finely chopped
- Tinned Chopped tomatoes 1 can (400g)
- 100 g Coconut milk or cream coconut from a can (1/4 a can)
- 2 tbsp Tully’z Easy Vegan Butter chicken authentic spice blend.
- 4 tbsp olive oil + 1-2 tbsp to brown the mushrooms
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Grill/pan fry the mushrooms until slightly brown (about 5-6 min) with one tbsp olive oil and keep aside.
- Heat up the remaining olive oil in a pan, add onions and cook for 5-6 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in Tully’z Easy Vegan Butter Chicken premium spice blend, and cook for another 15 sec
- Mix in the tomatoes, coconut milk, mushrooms, 1 cup water, and salt to taste. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes without a cover.
- When the time is up, mix in the cooked mushrooms, remaining water, and cook for another 30 minutes. Stir occasionally and add a splash of water if needed. By the end, curry should have little bit of caramelisation.
- Taste and adjust salt.
- Serve hot with vegan naan, rice, or roti.